UPDATE: PATE DE VERRE WORKSHOP: BOTH CLASSES ARE FULL!!
If you would like to go on the reserved list please email tammi on email@example.com or call the sales office on 03 9463 0600
Pate De Verre Workshop 2 Day Workshop with Estelle Dean
1. Introduction of myself and what I hope to achieve for this class (2 + at least 1 mini projects)
2. Project 1.
1) Talk and demo open mould making and release agents
2) Demonstrate charging the moulds with frit/powders
3) Discuss the possible tools you can use
4) Students to charge their moulds.
5) Project 1 into kilns by 1.00pm
2. While at lunch Student introduction , their glass background.(5 mins each)
3. After lunch – Historical background; show images of types of pate de verre.
4. Project 2. Demonstrate powder /frit wafers possibilities onto ridgidized 3mm fibre paper (15x15cm) Flat project, in kiln by end of the day.
5. Discuss firing schedules and kilns
1. Project 2 clean and load kilns for slump
2. Project 3-demonstrate mould making with inclusions , (soup bowl size)
3. Students to make their moulds with inclusions
5. Pack moulds and get into kiln by 4.00pm
6. Demonstrate demoulding
7. Discuss outcomes/ possible results and cleaning/ cold working methods.
Project 3 to be picked up by students at a later date.
1st Class: Thursday the 1st and Friday the 2nd of March 2018
2nd Class: Saturday the 3rd and Sunday the 4th of March 2018.
$440.00 including GST
50% DEPOSIT NEEDS TO BE MADE TO GUARENTEE YOUR SPOT IN THE WORKSHOP (ONLY 10 STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP) DEPOSIT IS NON- REFUNDABLE
SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO BRING:
– Plastic Bowls: use as models for quick mould making
– Yoghurt Containers: 200ml size or other plastic container to mix frit
– Metal Tea Spoons: (long/short handle 3-4 per person)
– Metal Brushes: size of toothbrush set of 3 with various stiffness
– Bowls/Buckets (to mix mould mix)
– Exacto knives
– Tooth Brushes
– Permanent Makers
– Frit receive (%off)
If you are interested please contact the sales office on 9463 0600 or email tammi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
please state which dates you would prefer
Limited spots so get in quick!!